so sorry! SCULPTED FLORALS is all done accepting orders for fresh wedding florals for 2017 weddings. but if you’re inquiring about faux florals or a 2018 wedding, please continue reading or get in touch!
if the words whimsical, dramatic, different, textured, non-traditional, and romantic are what comes to mind when you dream of what you’ll hold in front of you as you walk down the aisle, then it might be time to chat with us about more than just your wedding film or photos. when it comes to wedding florals, i’m classically trained, but artistically inspired, and I’d love to walk into your getting-ready-room on the big day with something in hand that will take your breath away, and hopefully make you tear up at the realization of “holy shit, it’s really my wedding day!”
just as our style of wedding cinematography isn’t for everyone, and our style of photography isn’t for everyone – my style and business practices for floristry aren’t for everyone either, and that’s okay! there is such a wide array of different florists out there with different styles and methods for a reason – there is truly something that works for everyone. i have learned to be and i believe in being transparent about how i operate with wedding florals so we can truly make sure i’m a for-real good fit florist for you.
i’m totally interested in your color palette and what your favorite flowers are, but because i work exclusively with what’s seasonal and exceptional, i can’t copy off your pinterest board (at truth be told, i don’t want to copy off of someone else’s work.) i keep my (i.e. your) costs low and my heart full, and contribute to an environmentally-friendly cut flower industry, by sourcing seasonally available blooms, foraging, buying locally, and growing my own flowers for cutting. what does any of that mean for you? it means you’re sacrificing the traditional wedding florist experience of sitting down for a consultation (or two, or five) and detailing out exactly what flowers you want and here’s a picture of exactly how you want them. maybe the thought of this lack of knowing exactly what your bouquets are going to look like prior to the wedding terrifies you (read on though, faux florals might be for you,) but ultimately i’m probably not the florist for you. if this is your case, i’d love to refer you to some of my other extremely talented floral friends. but maybe, just maybe, the prospect of this absence of required decision making is already a huge relief – after all there’s a billion and one decisions to make about a wedding day, wouldn’t it be nice to just hire the professionals you trust to get the job done beautifully without belaboring the details? or more accurately, wouldn’t it be nice to let the professionals belabor the details for you?
i can also keep my (i.e. your) costs low by being a one-person floral operation, and i work out of my home or where ever i’m on location at instead of paying for a shop/studio. because of this (and because wedding florals are just one small facet of our business,) i only accept a handful of wedding floral gigs a year and i don’t accommodate any reception decor.
still with me after all that? you’re a saint. so! if you have other ideas in mind for your reception decor, and if you are already looking at my work thinking, “yeah, i dig this, i trust her,” then we might just be a match made in flower heaven.
AT THIS TIME, SCULPTED FLORALS OFFERS THE FOLLOWING IN FRESH OR FAUX:
corsages for honored relatives and bridal corsages
floral hair pieces
floral bridal gown attachments (i would looooove to detail the endless possibilities of this option)
floral ceremony backdrops
floral dog collars
floral pieces for the tiny humans to wear/hold (loose petals, mini boutonnieres, mini bouquets, mini crowns, etc.)
SCULPTED FLORALS DOES NOT OFFER THE FOLLOWING:
sweetheart table decor
decor for cocktail hour tables
arrangements for the welcome/gift/dessert/buffet tables
floral dance floor installations
basically any reception decor at all
ever considered going faux for your big day?
probably not, and I don’t blame you, i never considered this a real possibility for my own wedding until is was too late and man oh man do i wish i had discovered the magic of faux long ago. why?
1. because i would’ve loved to get to keep that bouquet/floral crown as a keepsake.
2. i am a bit of a control freak, it would’ve helped to calm my pre-wedding anxieties to know exactly what my wedding flowers were going to look like prior to the big day and prevented unwelcome surprises.
3. listen, no one loves fresh flowers more than me (i drool over the perfect ranunculus, and juliet garden roses make my heart stop) but even i can’t deny that faux flowers are 100x easier to transport and it is a heck of a lot less stressful on the big day to not need to worry about your flowers wilting in the heat.
4. because i know that with the right faux florist (hopefully that’s me!) and with the right photographer (maybe that’s me too!) then to the untrained eye, it is really hard to tell the difference between fresh and faux. in fact, this page has a mix of my fresh and faux creations, so you can see the difference (or lack-there-of) for yourself!
5. this faux floral benefit actually doesn’t apply to me, but it might apply to you – maybe wedding florals aren’t high on your priority list for your wedding, maybe you don’t have something akin to orgasm when it’s peony season, or don’t spend 70% of your summer in your garden – faux florals are arguably the most low maintenance option out there and can be more cost effective than fresh flowers.
have i lured you over to the dark side yet? no? that’s okay, i’d be happy to answer all of your questions honestly (for instance: “do faux-quets feel the same as fresh floral bouquets?” answer: “no, faux flowers weigh a lot less than well-hydrated fresh flowers, so when you’re holding your bouquet, you’ll be able to tell it’s not fresh.” but if the above faux floral benefits apply to you and your specific situation, browse the SCULPTEDFLORALS etsy shop or contact me directly with a comprehensive list of your needs and the look you’re going for and i’ll get working on a custom, itemized quote.
my fresh wedding floral packages begin at $500 and ultimately depend on the size of your bridal party and the season in which your big day is happening
my faux floral pieces are priced per item with no minimum order requirement
take my questionnaire to receive your personalized quote